Can you shrink leather shoes is a question often asked by people who either mistakenly bought a size bigger or their shoes got stretched due to some reason. If you are either of the two, you have come to the right place to get the answer to your question.
It’s not uncommon for leather shoes to feel a bit too large, especially when they’re new. If your shoes are made of real leather, you can shrink them down to better fit your feet using a few simple household items. With a little time and effort, your shoes will be more comfortable in no time!
What You’ll Need:
-A spray bottle
-Leather conditioner or petroleum jelly
-An old towel or rag
1. Start by spraying the inside of your shoes with water until they’re damp but not soaked through. Then, apply a generous amount of leather conditioner or petroleum jelly to the inside of each shoe.
2. Place an old towel or rag inside each shoe, then put them on and walk around for about 15 minutes to help the leather mold to your feet.
3. Once you’re done walking, take off your shoes and dry the inside with a hairdryer on low heat. Be sure to hold the hairdryer at least 6 inches away from the leather so you don’t damage it.
4. Finally, polish your shoes with a clean cloth to restore their shine.
Your shoes should now fit more snugly and comfortably! With proper care, they’ll last for years to come.
How to Shrink Shoes?
Shrinking leather shoes is way easier than you thought. And there isn’t just one but a number of ways you can shrink the size of your shoes to your desired size. All you need to do is follow the guide closely and apply the instructions to get the desired results.
Can you shrink shoes ?
To answer your question simply: yes, you can shrink the size of your shoes without having to pay a visit to the cobbler. Given the malleability of leather it can be shrinked to a smaller size if the process is carried out to perfection. And I will tell you just how.
When it comes to footwear, leather is a popular choice for the comfort it provides to your feet along with the style that never goes out of sight. It really is a timeless classic item to include in your wardrobe. The only fallback of owning a pair of such shoes is that they tend to get stretched over time if used frequently. And to deal with it, you need to know how to make leather shoes smaller.
How to Shrink Leather Boots:
By following the instructions down below you will be able to get the job done:
- Your leather shoes will need to be wetted thoroughly and evenly by submerging it in a bucket full of hot water, but do make sure it’s not very hot. Leave it in the water for an hour or until it is completely soaked. Remember all the steps will need to be followed properly to make this shoes too big hack to work.
- Now place the shoes flat outside in the sun to dry it and in case you live in colder climate just use a blow-dryer on the lowest speed to get the job done. Although, drying leather in front of a heater or radiator is not advised.
- When it is dried out completely, wear the shoes to check whether it fits you better. If it doesn’t fit you yet then repeat the process again twice or thrice however many times it is needed until you reach the desired size.
Knowing how to shrink sneakers is relatively easier than carrying out the process because it demands close attention without which it can go wrong.
Tip: When drying, it is important to lay the shoes flat on a surface rather than hang them because that will end up stretching them even more.
How to Make Shoes Smaller
By doing as directed you will become capable of making shoes smaller to fit the desired size if it was too big for your feet. And while you are at it, pay close attention to each step because if the process goes wrong it will cause irreparable damage to your classic leather boots.
I hope through this guide you’ll be able to learn more than just how to shrink shoes.