Basketball shoes for overpronation used to be quite difficult to come across in the shoe market given the delicacy of the fallen arches and the needs to be fulfilled. Thankfully for us, there has been a massive change in that as it has never been easier to buy the best basketball shoes for flat feet. I’ll be happy to share with you my wisdom in this particular regard that is the outcome of extensive research as I too, have flat feet and so I feel your pain (quite literally) of not being able to give your best due to not wearing suitable shoes.
If you ask me what basketball shoes are best for flat feet I might need to clear out a few other queries first before finally giving you the verdict but trust me on this, it will be well worth your wait!There’s a common misconception about the fault in your gait that causes overpronation in your feet when actually it is the unequal distribution of your body weight that eventually results in the development of fallen arches. I make a point that it is crucial to know what you might be going through in order to correct it accordingly; likewise how a doctor would base the prescription on his diagnosis of your ailment in order to treat your ailment accordingly.
What basketball shoes are best for flat feet?
Before going into the details it’s important to first know what exactly causes flat feet. Have you ever wondered? Well, in some cases it is inherited, while in others it can also be caused either by an injury to the foot or ankle or as a result of arthritis or other medical diseases. In some cases, people above 40 tend to develop a flat feet too.
Best basketball sneakers for flat feet is not that hard to find when you what features to look for in them. Listed below are some of the features that will help you choose a suitable pair of shoes for yourself:
- Stability. The first and foremost requirement of a shoe especially for people suffering from pesplanus.
- Support. In the absence of the adequate support your feet can be at risk of getting injured easily.
- Cushioning. During play when your feet are in direct contact with any expected or unexpected shock is when the cushioning comes into play. It helps to absorb the shock on your feet.
- Durability. Good basketball shoes for flat feet must fulfil the requirement of the sport in terms of dealing with the constant stress and pressure on your feet; so a pair of shoes that lasts you relatively a longer period of time is what you should be looking for.
- Size. When it comes to size, it is extremely important to get it right. Even if you wear the most expensive high-end branded basketball shoes with arch support to a basketball court that don’t even fit you properly, it won’t do magic. And it definitely won’t help your performance either. So keep that in mind too.
Gone are the times when good basketball shoes for flat feet were actually hard to find; thanks to a number of athletes with flat feet that have managed to defy the odds. It is not unknown to the people with flat feet that they can be a nuisance in daily life especially when most designer shoes or athletic wear are not designed and manufactured while keeping flat feet under consideration which makes it all the more tricky to find, but this article will help you find the best basketball shoes for good arch support.